Hello dark autumnal nights, long cosy baths, toasty mugs of tea and dark wintery tunes. Life feels like a constant rush right now, so it's nice to have a rare day off work hiding from the weather in a comfy over-sized sweater and writing letters to old friends.
Wearing: ASOS & Minnetonka
My new ASOS skater dress arrived today and I'm oh so in love with the peter pan crotchet collar. If it would only stop raining, this would go perfectly with my Minnetonka moccasins since I haven't worn them enough this summer to justify their hefty price tag! Regardless, they will forever be the most comfiest of shoes that I own... I just wish I could wear them more often!
I always drift back to old favourites at this time of year, and found Now, Now were back with a new album over the summer. In some ways, 'Threads' is a really dark record, but this makes it undoubtably the perfect mellow soundtrack for rainy nights. There's not a single song here that I dislike and the lyrics are so stunning in places (in an Eisley/Death Cab sort of way). I went to their Manchester show last Sunday where they played a full set + a short acoustic set pre-show. Totally worth standing out in the rain for. But I Do is definitely my standout track.
Reading: Wildwood by Colin Meloy
12 pages in and I already adore this book. Colin Meloy is the lead singer-songwriter in one of my favourite bands, The Decemberists, and I've been waiting for what seems like forever to finally give Wildwood a read. The artwork is so dreamy and magical. I'm anticipating a very heartwarming read ♡
Feel oddly inspired to keep writing all afternoon! I wish I had more lazy days like today...
Charlene xo



Love this post :)
ReplyDeletei love your pictures! they are so dreamy! i've followed you on GFC~ please visit me and follow back? i think you'll like my fashion/art posts!~
ReplyDelete||||HEDONIST DRIVE||||