7.8.12

lucky denver mint

I initially began this post with 'grr today was just the worst ever,' saved as draft, resumed later and now it's just been the best ha! I've had a few job interviews over the past few weeks and I was convinced I'd crashed and burned the one I had my heart set on today; there were many awkward silences and laughing (mostly at me - not with me!) and the walk home afterwards was like that scene from Clueless where Cher fails her driving test:


Literally, that was me. Anyways for some reason I still cannot fathom, I got the job! And I can now breathe a sigh of relief :D Happy days. So I treated myself to a notebook for my French notes and some bits from the Lily Cole collection at Bodyshop. Managed to get two lip glosses plus a primer in the sale for £9!


Hi Shine Lip Treatment 02: Go Wild & 04: Go Pink (£2 each)
Pearl Radiance Primer (£7) | Paperchase Paris notebook (£6)

Thought they might be worth a mention since they're included in the 3 for 2 offer, even though they've been out forever. The glosses smell deliciously fruity and have been pretty long-lasting for the past 3 hours albeit very gooey/sticky. I've only swatched the primer so far, but it did remind me of Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl and High Beam, except it doesn't blend into the skin as smoothly. The pearl balls are rather lumpy and it takes some careful blending to disperse them evenly. I'll keep at it anyways and see how it looks under my foundation next.

I'm Scotland bound tomorrow so I'm looking forward to the Fringe festival and spending some time with the boyf in Edinburgh. Not so much looking forward to the 4.5 hour journey though! Need to get a move on and pack since I've left everything until last minute as usual, but I'll definitely post some pictures when I'm home. Trying to make the most out of the summer until work begins!

Charlene xo

7 comments:

  1. I just walked by their store the other day and saw those lip glosses! I guess after reading your post, I need to buy them :-) xoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your writing, nice job :)! And congrats with your job!
    x Elke
    http://fashionfortunate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That primer looks fab! Well done on getting the job! I'm glad I found your blog :) xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job and have fun at the Fringe! x

    http://that-bird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Love this post! :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that you in the picture? Really very pretty, darling :)
    All the best,

    Jana & Vanessa from charming Berlin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to join your lovely blog and follow you! Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete