20.8.12

petition for a life unknown


So many summer reads, so little time left to get through them all! Perhaps I was slightly over-ambitious in thinking I'd be sunbathing and reading every day over the holidays. Bit of a mixed bag here; stories about strange dystopias, cynical protagonists and whimsical happenings are mostly my thing. I'm leaving The Perks of Being a Wallflower until last since I wanted to give it a re-read before the movie is released next month. It's still one of my all time favourite books and I've passed numerous copies down to friends and family over the past 7 years! If you love The Catcher in the Rye and Looking For Alaska then I promise you will adore this book as much as I do ♡

Whats on everyone else's reading lists this summer?*

Charlene xo

*Something other than "Fifty Shades of Grey!" Argh!

10 comments:

  1. the pictures are very nice. your blog is very good and interesting. maybe follow? im glad if you visit my blog, too :))

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Sure, I'll check out yours right now! :) x

      Delete
  2. Urgh I know - if one more person mentions 50 Shades then I won't be responsible for my actions! No desire to read that. 50 Shades of Earl Grey (the parody) is pretty funny though. I'm re-reading F Scott Fitzgerald's short stories at the moment, love love love. x

    http://that-bird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahh I had a creepy old guy reading the trilogy edition next to me on the train last week - It put me off reading it even more! I might check out the parody though :) Also huge love for Fitzgerald; The Great Gatsby is just so heartbreakingly brilliant xx

      Delete
  3. lol everyone is reading 50shades of grey. have you read it? is it good?

    followed your blog i'm your 6th follower, mind following back? :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it no, I'm not sure I could even take it seriously as a novel - from what I've heard it just sounds like poorly written fanfic. But I could be wrong..!

      I'll check out your blog just now, sorry I hadn't sooner! :) x

      Delete
  4. oh, i love reading. well, i thought i would be reading all the time during holiday but, in fact i'm ending second book. fail me ;)

    xx
    the-red-zebra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your blog, love it! At the moment I'm reading "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac, because the movie is coming out later this year. Can't wait! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i aaaalways do this when i go to the library. i pick out like nine books thinking i'll definitely finish them in the three weeks i have. i'm reading the game of thrones series right now- thick as a Bible but so amazingly good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look like very interesting reads, might have to check these out! thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, i'm your newest follower on gfc! please visit me and see if you want to follow too? i think you'll like my outfits, thanks!

    www.dailydisguise.com

    ReplyDelete