Without a doubt, the eccentric A/W 2012 collection from Mulberry was one of the standout shows from this month's London Fashion Week. Echoed throughout the whimsical theme is inspiration drawn from Where The Wild Things Are (check out those amazing monsters!), evoking a feeling of being lost in the woods or stumbling through the wardrobe into Narnia. The colour palette is kept minimal and dark, with furry textures in warm rich chocolate tones and tangerine hues contrasted with inky grey/blue Navajo prints. Accentuated with waist-clinching belts and statement-making leather arm candy, these pieces are undeniably Mulberry's most accessible yet.
Images: Mark Large and Catwalking.com
What I love most is how versatile the entire collection is without being any less bold, creative or iconic than previous seasons. Now not only do I continue to pine after a Mulberry Bayswater bag, but I desperately want these pieces in my autumn/winter wardrobe. Is it wrong to be looking forward to the winter already?!
No comments:
Post a Comment